I see a lot of people blaming homosexuality for the horrible mess the Church is in right now. I think though this thinking is really skewed, understandably so, because of the nature of the abuse and flouting of Church Teaching. And I am completely orthodox on the Church's teachings on sex. So I in no way condone homosexual behavior. However, something is amiss here. I was hearkening back to to my days of formal logic. You know those syllogisms that go All men are mortal Socrates is a man Therefore, Socrates is mortal I think the premise in a lot of people's arguments against men with same sex attraction goes like this: All priests should be celibate Homosexuals are incapable of being celibate Therefore no homosexuals should become priests. The flaw I see in this argument is that the Church asks those with same sex attraction to remain celibate whether they are priests or laity. If you are burdened with same sex attraction, you...
Comments
Post a Comment