A place of prayer and practical support for good, faithful priests grappling with corruption in the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church. We believe in one HOLY catholic and apostolic church.
Reforming seminaries
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Link to article talking about reforming how seminaries form priests.
(NB: The article I'm linking to might make some people really angry. As a Catholic I am called to love everyone, my neighbors and my enemies. And to face this crisis down, we must be honest and open and examine everything. So if you are angry, please don't comment in anger, just state your opinion in a dispassionate way. Not that anyone is commenting here anyway. LOL. It's probably a moot point.) Here's an article by a priest who is very un-pc and calls homosexuality the main cause of the scandals. Please read it in its entirety. It is true homosexuality does seem to be a prominent feature of the scandals. And it does seem logical to think that the reason why the bishops excluded themselves from the Dallas Charter might have been because the homosexual networks were so deeply ingrained it would render the Church's organization unsustainable to weed out every homosexual bishop or priest. I am trying to think through all this. My n...
Father Boniface Ramsey who was the whistle blower that tried to alert the local Church authorities about McCarrick 20 years ago, is interviewed here. One quibble I have is his characterization of a priest 'falling' once in a while in terms of celibacy. I get that we are all sinners and such things can happen. However, there is also a spectrum between occasionally 'falling' and being a predator. It seems like an awful lot of priests like to hang out in gay bars and deliberately hide behind celibacy to cover for their activity. The atmosphere in seminaries and in the priesthood (there seems to be plenty of drinking and social time going on) seems to often be occasions or near occasions of sin I agree that the crisis isn't just about homosexuality. This actually really angers me when people say that it is. Obviously that is a complicating factor here. But what about the 20 percent of abuse victims who weren't boys/men? Let's ...
Comments
Post a Comment